Whether you are working a corporate job or running a business, the world is one giant battlefield. Competition is always present. Staying at the top of your game is important in order to keep up with your competitors.
We all need all of the advantage we can get, especially if we are competing against the best. Your brain is one of your most valuable tools in getting ahead. It is a lethal and sharp tool, especially if you are able to utilize it well with the help of Nootropics.
What Is Nootropics?
Nootropics is a type of supplement that is able to enhance our cognitive functions. It helps in boosting the brain’s memory power as well as improves concentration. Nootropics helps individuals to focus on their tasks and is ideal for those who need to dedicate their full concentration on their work.
Misconceptions About Nootropics
Nootropics was previously a fad; however, it has gained a lot of attention over the past ten years. For those who rely on hearsay instead of factual and scientific information, they may view Nootropics as a drug that makes them smarter. This is why misconceptions about the said supplement arise:
1) “Nootropics is a smart drug.” Nootropics are used interchangeably with “smart drugs.” However, the two are quite different. Smart drugs are often prescribed by a medical professional in order to address health issues such as ADHD or other conditions that affect a person’s lack of energy or focus. Smart drugs may be legal or illegal and could lead users to depend on it.
What It Is: On the other hand, Nootropics are non-prescribed compounds that act as supplements. Nootropics may only act as a supplement; however, you should c
onsult with your physician prior to taking it.
2) “I can be limitless!” When Nootropics first came out, it had a misconception that individuals who take it become limitless. This is in reference to Bradley Cooper’s hit film, “Limitless.” For the record, Nootropics will not turn you into someone who has superhuman abilities.
What It Does: Nootropics has components that help boost a person’s energy, focus, mood and productivity. This way, you get to do more because you are more focused on your goal. Together with a healthy lifestyle, taking Nootropics helps boost your brain’s ability to focus and concentrate.
3) “I can achieve my goals without any effort.” For some reason, people who refer to Nootropics as a “smart drug” think it is a way for them to succeed without trying too hard. Taking the pill enables them to achieve their goals without working for them.
What It Does: There is no substitute for hard work and perseverance. What Nootropics does is to add more fuel to the capabilities you already have. Take the supplement before you start the day, and you have the support your brain needs to work. In the end, together with your hard work, you can improve your already existing capabilities.
4) “I do not see any changes! It’s fake!” First-time users expect Nootropics to manifest effects right away. It is like they are expecting their brain to work like magic. When they do not notice any changes right away, they feel like they were duped.
What It Does: Nootropics is not a magical drug. It is a supplement that fuels your capabilities. Therefore, it will take time to have an effect. Take Nootropics as a supplement regularly, and you will see the effects after some time.
5) “I can take Nootropics at once!” Some people purchase products online on a whim. Whenever they find something popular, they get enticed to try it out for themselves. Taking Nootropics without checking your health first may have side effects.
What You Should Do: Before taking any form of supplement, it is important to consult with your doctor first. Drinking Nootropics before you consult with a medical professional might affect your body in an unhealthy way.
6) “It doesn’t have side-effects.” Some may think that Nootropics does not have any side effects because of its hype. Like any kind of drug or supplement, it may have side effects when not consumed properly.
What It Does: First time users of Nootropics could complain about headaches or experience excessive sweating. In order to minimize such side effects, take Nootropics at a minimum level. Never exceed the recommended daily dose as indicated on the label.
7) “I’ll use only 10% of my brain.” Some believe, because of the film, “Limitless,” that taking Nootropics allows you to use only 10% of your entire brain.
What It Does: In order to fully function and become productive, all humans need their entire brain. You must not take the supplement to be able to use only a part of your brain. Instead, you should take it because you want to improve your cognitive skills.
8) “Nootropics make up the brain’s nutrients.” Just because you think you are more productive or you can think clearly, it is all due to Nootropics. The brain’s nutrients are not made of the supplements.
What It Is: It is a supplement that helps enhance the brain’s nutrients. As a result, you get to function more, do more and achieve more.
9) “It is also a nutrition replacement.” When people say supplement, they feel like it can add nutritional value to the body. However, Nootropics is not a nutritional replacement.
What It Does: Take Nootropics as a supplement to boost your productivity and not as a nutritional replacement.
10) “All Nootropics are the same.” People have a misconception that all Nootropics are the same because they have the same effects.
What It Is: Nootropics with different ingredients have different effects on the brain and body.
Before choosing a Nootropics that you want to try out, visit your physician in order to evaluate if your body is fit enough. Once your doctor gives you the clearance, choose the supplement that best fits your needs.