Most brain enhancement supplement companies make a product that has several functions. Including an energy enhancer, a mood stabilizer, a promise to increase focus, and (hopefully) something to support brain health.
Look past the hyped up claims and drill straight down to the ingredients. That is what is going to do the job for you.
We have looked at hundreds of clinical and research studies. And found that the most effective and safe ingredients available are the natural ones:
- Phosphatidylserine Complex: Found in Lecithin, Phosphatidylserine is a naturally-occurring chemical thought to be beneficial in supporting memory and thinking skills.
- L-Glutamine: Considered as a Conditionally Essential amino acid and one of the building blocks of protein, L-Glutamine plays an important role in a number of critical body functions including memory.
- Bacopa monnieri cuts learning time in half and improves memory including recall.
- Huperzine-A is extracted from Huperzia Serrata; a plant native to India and SE Asia. It improves cognitive function and memory.
- Ginkgo Biloba Extract: Made from the leaves of the Ginkgo biloba tree, this remarkable herb has been used for thousands of years by the Chinese. Ginkgo is thought to have a positive effect on blood flow to the brain which supports memory along with cognitive speed.
- Vinpocetine is an extract from the periwinkle plant and crosses the blood-brain barrier to increase blood flow. This renowned ingredient is thought to be effective for memory support.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: Another amino acid which is also produced naturally by the body, Acetyl-L-Carnitine is thought to be beneficial for supporting blood flow and memory.
- Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate: Also known as DMAE, this supplement is a precursor to Choline and also helps to eliminate the build up of chemicals that cause aging and stress.
- St. Johns Wort: With recorded use of this plant dating back to 400 B.C., the ancient Greeks and Romans noted the use of St. Johns Wort for a number of health benefits. The naturally-occurring substance thought to be beneficial for mood support.
What to Avoid in a Brain Supplement?
Start out slow. While there are no reports of severe health problems from taking too many brain supplements, mild side effects can happen. If you get a headache, can not sleep, or become irritable you have likely overdone it.
Caffeine can be addictive, and over time you build up a tolerance where it is not as effective. Side effects include increased heart or irregular heart rate, headaches, anxiety and restlessness.
The newer brain-boosting pharmaceuticals like Modafinil, Provigil, and Noopept can decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills and your brain health. And if you are susceptible to addiction you should use caution. Side effects can include fever, sore throat, bruising, and hallucinations. Adderall and Ritalin are particularly prone to addiction.
Avoid Proprietary Blends
Stay clear of “proprietary blends” when labels are unclear of exactly how much of each ingredient is included in the product. By not disclosing exact dosages you have no idea how much of a single ingredient you are putting in your body.
Look for nootropic stacks that have the exact dosage of each ingredient. Take control of your own brain health.
Top Nootropic Stack
Likely the most popular and well known brain supplement in America. Made by Nootrolux, Nootrolux BRAIN BOOST contains 9 natural compounds they say provide an effective and balanced effect on brain health. Containing only the purest and natural ingredients, it helps healthy individuals support memory, focus and processing speed.
Take a look at their ingredients label
So far there isn’t any reported case of side effects on their review page or users lodging a complain publicly. You can only buy it online direct from their website. So you won’t find it on Amazon, GNC, eBay or any vitamin shops.
Based on the ingredients profile and customer reviews, we strongly recommend Nootrolux™ BRAIN BOOST as the best nootropic stack. The combination of all natural and premium ingredients make this a perfect product for anyone looking to try nootropics safely. And optimize brain health and function. There is also an additional 10% discount if you use the promo code ‘ LUX10 ‘. Not much is know about when the discount period will end, so get it now while the promo is still valid!